- What Does an Elementary School Counselor Do?
- How Does a Student See the Counselor?
- Why Does a Student See a Counselor?
- Helps students develop a positive attitude toward school and learning
- Helps students develop good relationships with peers, parents, teachers, and siblings
- Helps students improve their communication skills and develop effective decision-making strategies
- Helps students deal with personal concerns, developmental tasks, crisis, school related problems, home concerns, health, and physical development
- Helps to ease the transition between school settings
- Plans and implements with teachers a program of activities designed to enhance the personal and social/emotional development of elementary students